What is the function of the thyroid?
The function of the thyroid gland is to take iodine, found in many foods, and convert it into thyroid hormones: thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3).Thyroid cells are the only cells in the body which can absorb iodine. Every cell in the body depends upon thyroid hormones for regulation of their metabolism. Our Thyroid influences metabolism, growth and development and body temperature. It affects parts of the body-muscles, bones, skin, heart, liver, kidney, digestive tract and more.
Where is the thyroid in our body?
The Thyroid is just below the Adam’s apple, it is made up of two halves, called lobes that lie along the windpipe (trachea) and are joined together by a narrow band of thyroid tissue, known as the isthmus. Our Thyroid can be subjected to minor and serious problems as well. When our thyroid is under- or over-active- things will start to go haywire. If it's sluggish, it produces too little TH (thyroid hormones); amped-up and it produces too much.
What causes the thyroid to malfunction?
The reasons could be genetics, an autoimmune attack, pregnancy, stress, nutritional deficiencies, or toxins in the environment, but experts aren't entirely sure. Because of thyroid hormones far reach in the body—from brain to bowels—diagnosing a disorder can be challenging. It is always imperative to consult your physician for any signs you may feel in your body.
8 Simple ways you can do to Improve Your Thyroid Health
- Identify the signs and quickly treat it.Find out what's really causing your thyroid problems– whether it is iodine deficiency, hormone imbalance, environmental toxicity, or inflammation – Consulting with an integrative medical practitioner will determine the real cause with the appropriate treatment.
- Eat fresh iodine-rich foods. Eat huge amounts of toxin-free sea vegetables or sea weeds loaded with the thyroid-friendly nutrients, iodine and beneficial minerals like spirulina, hijiki, wakame, arame, dulse, nori, and kombu. As a precautionary measure, you need to make sure that these are harvested from uncontaminated waters. The recommended dose is about five grams a day or about one ounce per week. Raw milk and eggs contain iodine as well.
- Monitor your other diet sources. Snack on selenium rich Brazil nuts. Load up on foods high in vitamin A and omega-3 fatty acids. Avoid taking gluten and soy-containing foods and beverages. Consume coconut oil which has several health benefits for the body.
- Reduce stress levels activities. Engage in activities that will help ease your stress levels- do yoga, meditate, soak in the tub, go on trips or vacation – whatever will make you feel relax to reduce your stress level.
- Exert more effort to limit toxins exposureFiltering your air and water will aid in avoiding contact with poisonous contaminants. To help your body combat infections and detoxify from petrochemicals, metals, PCBs, pesticides, and mercury, use an infrared sauna and hot soaks if possible.
- Refrain from food with bromide Bromides (a binary compound of bromine with another element or a radical including some (as potassiumbromide) used as sedatives. These are harmful to your endocrine system. Bromides can be found in some over-the-counter medications, foods, and personal care products. Reading the labels of food you take and products you use can save you from lots of toxic problems.
- Get a reasonably sufficient nightly sleep.Inadequate sleep contributes to stress and prevents your body from regenerating fully. Sleep deprivation can lead to more harmful effects.
- Exercise regularly.Exercise naturally stimulates your thyroid gland to secrete more thyroid hormone and increases the sensitivity of all tissues to thyroid hormone. Studies shows that many of the health benefits of exercise stem directly from improved thyroid function.
If you have any of the following, you may benefit from Thyroid Rite
* Get tired easily;
* Have cold hands and feet;
* Struggle to control weight due to a sluggish metabolism;
* Feel forgetful, lethargic or Fatigue
100 NATURALS Thyroid Rite® is a complete nutritional supplement for the support of normal thyroid function. Thyroid Rite has combined Iodine (from Kelp) and Tyrosine, the two integral constituents of thyroid hormone, with the minerals Selenium, Zinc and Copper, Magnesium, Manganese (amino acid chelate), Molybdenum (amino acid chelate) to assist in its production. In addition, 100 Naturals Thyroid Rite contains Schizandra, Ashwagandha Root -an Ayurvedic herb known for its ability to support a healthy metabolism.
Why 100Naturals Thyroid Rite Advantage:
(a) Best Value for the Highest Strength Thyroid Supplement: Thyroid Rite is the highest strength natural thyroid booster available on the market. 120 caps in one bottle, twice as much as other brands.
(b) Best Formula: Thyroid Rite contains 14 handpicked natural vitamins, herbal extracts, and minerals. Thyroid Rite not only supports healthy thyroid function, but also supports general well-being*.
(c) Natural and Safe: Contains powerful natural extract Kelp, Schizandra, Ashwagandha Root, Bladderwrack, Cayenne Pepper to support optimal metabolism, energy and mood.
(d) Contains Five Essential Minerals: Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese and Molybdenum.
(e) Proudly made in USA by an FDA registered cGMP certified facility with 100% natural ingredients.