Another useful aid by digestive enzymes is that more nutrition can be derived so less waste is generated. Better digestion will clearly result in smooth uncomplicated bowel movement. Our body has around 3000 unique enzymes that are involved in over 7000 enzymatic reactions. Without enzymes we would plainly cease to function.
Digestive concerns not only cause emotional disturbances but also physical ones such as: eczema, headaches, acne, joint pains and mood swings
Meet your body’s digestive enzymes:
- Amylase - enzymes that break down carbohydrates
- Cellulase - enzymes that break down cellulose molecules into simple sugars.
- Lipase- enzymes that help digest and assimilate fats.
- Protease/Peptidase- enzymes that break down proteins.
As we age, our levels of digestive enzymes decrease, so it’s necessary to add digestive supplements to our meals. Certain foods contain natural digestive assistants, such as pineapple, papaya, mangoes, bananas, avocados, dates, raw unpasteurized honey, fresh aloe vera juice or gel and sprouts. Adding sufficient bites of these rich enzymes foods to every meal can do wonder to aid our digestion.
Who should take enzyme supplements
The obvious answer is: “Any human who is alive and eats food.” Due to the amounts and diversity of the foods we consume, add to this our hectic lifestyle, our digestion issues can be less than satisfactory. Improper digestion can produce severe bloating and gas, cramping, diarrhea or constipation, and food intolerances. Food allergies may also be linked to incomplete digestion of food proteins.
Why we need to take Digestive Enzymes
1. They are essential for human survival
With every chemical reaction that takes place in our bodies, enzymes need to do its job of allowing our cells to build up and break down molecules quickly. All the vitamins, minerals and hormones will be useless without the enzymes doing its work.
2. Our Body’s enzymes gets depleted
Foods we eat that are processed contains preservatives, additives, nitrates, etc., they do not carry the digestive enzymes for proper digestion and absorption of nutrients in our body. These foods will cause our body to be deficient from nutrients that we unquestionably need. Moreover, these unhealthy diets also create harmful bacteria & yeast overgrowth in our gut that will cause inflammation leading to illness.
When it comes to enzymes, eating raw and organic food help much with our body to do well and healthy. Non organic food is also good compared to cooked food. Foods like avocado, spinach and sprouts naturally contain enzymes but when these are heated, their enzymes get destroyed.
3. Some raw foods inhibit enzymes
Raw foods such as peanuts, wheat germ, egg whites, nuts, seeds, beans, peas, potatoes & lentils are all healthy raw foods examples that contain enzyme inhibitors. They neutralize some of the enzymes your body produces making them less productive.
4. Enzyme gets used up faster
If you want to add and extend more years to your life span, you have to maintain proper level of enzymes in your body. We continue to live as long as we have enzymes in our body. The quicker our enzymes get used (in extreme hot & cold weather), when we are ill or due to vigorous exercise, the faster our enzymes will run out of normal supply.
So to make sure we have enough sustaining supply of enzymes, it is a must that we take extra digestive enzymes into our body.
5. Our enzymes levels drops to lower than normal as we age.
Everybody grows old and not only does our age number changed but also our body’s function. As we age, fewer enzymes will be available and normal digestion slows down affecting the absorption of nutrients, which then leads to ill health and disease. Consistently replenishing our enzymes may help us in better health and longevity.
Simple tips that will help digestion back on track and avoid digestion insufficiency.
- Drink water between meals to prevent digestive enzymes from being diluted.
- Drink ginger tea to stimulate brush border and pancreatic enzymes after meals or before bed.
- Cook and prepare foods with coconut oil to stimulate the lipase enzyme and support fat digestion.
- Eat cultured vegetables at every meal to enhance digestion with natural enzyme support.
- Take an enzyme supplement -100 Naturals ENZYMATRIX- for complete digestive system support.
Enzymatrix represents the most complete and effective digestive enzymes formula on the market. It is formulated with a diverse range of 18 different handpicked enzymes to help ensure proper digestion with each meal regardless of the food groups.
Not all digestive enzymes products are the same. Enzymatrix has more digestive enzymes with higher strength than most of other brands.
Enzymatrix contains Beta Glucanase and Xylanase to help digest fibers in whole food.
Each capsule of Enzymatrix contains one or more forms of the following enzymes:
• Alpha Galactosidase: Helps digest beans, legumes and vegetables.
• Amylase: Helps digest carbohydrates.
• Beta Glucanase: Helps digest fiber and grains.
• Bromelain: Helps digest proteins.
• Cellulase: Helps digest plant wall and fiber.
• Glucoamylase: Helps digest carbohydrates.
• Hemicellulase: Helps digest carbohydrates in plant foods.
• Invertase: Helps digest sucrose.
• Lactase: Used by the body to digest milk sugar in dairy products.
• Lipase: Helps digest fats.
• Aspergillopepsin: Helps digest carbohydrates from grains.
• Papain: Helps digest proteins.
• Pectinase: Helps digest fruit and vegetables.
• Phytase: Helps digest phytic acid in nuts and grains.
• Protease: Helps digest protein.
• Xylanase: Helps digest plant wall fiber.